- That branch of the lake of Como...
- A titbit: The review of "I Promessi Sposi/The Betrothed" written by E.A. Poe in 1835 and published in " The Southern Literary Messenger".
- Yves Branca has a Master's degree in chinese language and literature. He taught french in Beijing and he's the author of a fine translation of "I Promessi Sposi" published by Gallimard in 1995 with a preface by Giovanni Macchia. We present here his translation of "Il cinque maggio" by Alessandro Manzoni .
- Augustus Pallotta, British and American translations of "I Promessi Sposi", in "Italica" vol. 50, n°4, Winter 1973, pp. 483-523 - Giuseppe Lombardo, Edgar Allan Poe and the first American translation of " I Promessi Sposi" (in: Nuovi annali della Facolta di Magistero dell'Universita di Messina 3 (1985), pp. 451-504. (both texts are available at the Biblioteca del Centro Studi Americani - Address in the American Section)
- I Promessi Sposi/The Betrothed on line. Translation from the Italian by Archibald Colquhoun. Archibald Colquhoun lived in Italy for a long time and was awarded the Partisan gold medal .
- The Promessi Sposi(The Betrothed Lovers) was first translated in Pisa in 1828
- Manzoni's Desk in his study
- A temple and a man, a Milanese jingle